Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dream Killer

She was a dream killer.

At the first sound of one giving voice to an impractical dream she drew her weapon of doubt and lunged toward the dreamer with sharp words to pierce.

Logic and reason crafted the careless words that slipped easily from her lips, “It will never work,” she said.

The dreamer paused and locked his gaze on the dream killer. With tenacious confidence he replied, “Yes it will.” The bright eyes of the dreamer never faded. Not even once. She tried to kill the dream-

But the dream lived.

Shocked the dreamer was not discouraged by skepticism the dream killer pulled out her next weapon. Watching the dreamer’s movements she waited for the mark of failure. Pulling back the arrow of “I told you so”, she waited for the precise moment to release the blow.

But the arrow never left the bow. The dreamer worked with focused attention pursuing his dream. The weapons of the dream killer never fazed him, nor slowed his progress. All things were in place for the dream to take flight and in time his dream soon became a reality.

The impossible became possible.

The dreamer exuberantly celebrated what he always knew could be. The lies of the dream killer bared no weight compared to the dream that lived within him. His eyes danced with joy as he looked the dream killer right in the eye and spoke the last word,

I told you so.

The power of belief in those words sent the dream killer to her grave—forever.


Have you ever dared to dream?
it’s what I live for.

Have you ever attempted to kill one?
yes…last week.
This post is a true story of that account.

Which role will you choose?


Here or somewherebe real. Share your journey.

5 comments:

  1. Well said! We would like to THINK we are positive and encouraging, right? Thank you for reminding me to stop and assess our role truly. It's easiest to be the "dream-killer" in the name of pragmatism or logic. In reality it may even mask our jealousy of our inability to step out and accomplish our OWN dream! Ummm...great food for thought. Thank you!

    As for being real...I find myself as the dream killer with the one I love the most, my husband and probably vice versa. I find it easier to dream with friends. They don't share bills with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who are we to limit God when He births a dream in us and in others? Thank you for the exhortation to encourage the dream even when it challenges our reasoning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ MamaLlamaJr!! Wow, thanks for being so transparent in your comment. Love your food for thought.

    I am such a dreamer...I couldn't stand to stomp on someone else's dream. Dream on!! I tend to notice the dream killer's voice more now than I ever have...glory to God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see your dream worked out... every time you blog, speak or interact with so many more than we would have ever imagined. Yes, Dream on, and let me dream with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Gerhard - YES!!

    For me, my status remains - "willing to be misunderstood."

    ReplyDelete